The Five Best Ways for Free Home Cooling with No AC
It’s hot these days. Here are the five common sense ways for home cooling with no AC.
- Close your curtains and blinds during the day. This will help to keep the sun’s heat out of your home. If you don’t have curtains or blinds, you can use sheets or towels to cover your windows. Close your curtains and blinds during the day.
- Run ceiling fans. Ceiling fans can help to circulate the air in your home, which can help to keep you cool. If you have a ceiling fan, ensure it is set to blow down.
- Use fans to create a cross breeze. If you have windows on opposite sides of your home, you can open them to create a cross breeze. This will help to draw the cooler air in from outside and push the hot air out.
- Take cool showers or baths. Taking a cool shower or bath can help to lower your body temperature. You can also use a wet towel to cool down your neck and forehead.
- Cook outside and unplug devices. Cooking outside on a barbeque, camp stove, RV, or other appliance outside will help keep your house cooler. The heat generated by an oven or a stove can quickly counteract any other efforts you made throughout the day.
Here are some additional tips to keep your home cool without air conditioning:
- Ventilate your home at night. If it’s cooler outside than it is inside, open your windows at night to let in the cool air and begin the next day with a nice cool house.
- Plant trees around your home. Trees can help to shade your home and keep it cooler in the summer.
- Use reflective insulation. Reflective insulation can help to reflect the sun’s heat away from your home.
- Seal up any air leaks. Air leaks can let in hot air, so sealing them up is important.
By following these tips, you can keep your home cool without air conditioning and save money on your energy bills.