- While global warming and plastic pollution is damaging ecosystems, there are many places in the world where ecosystems are being restored by thousands of organizations and millions of people.
- Five types of ecosystems being restored include:
- Farmlands (through agroforestry, silvopasture and low-carbon agriculture)
- Forests (through tree planting and tree regeneration)
- Grasslands (through livestock and soil management)
- Peatlands (through rewetting the lands)
- Oceans and Coasts (through planting mangroves and increased protection).