How to be Sustainable for the Future of Planet Earth
Our planet is our home. Saving our earth and its environment becomes highly important as it provides us with food and water to sustain life. Our well-being solely depends on this planet. It gives all living things food and water, so it is our responsibility to take care of it. Harming the environment and causing pollution have caused global warming. Due to this, many humans and animals have died. Hence, saving the environment would reduce global warming. The health of people would improve. Our forests, rivers, oceans and soils provide us with the food we eat, the air we breathe, and the water we irrigate our crops with. We also rely on them for numerous other goods and services we depend on for our health, happiness and prosperity.
Some Tips on How to be Sustainable:
- Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle – The three R’s – reduce, reuse and recycle – all help cut down on the waste we throw away. They conserve natural resources, landfill space and energy. Plus, the three R’s save land and money communities must use to dispose of waste in landfills.
- Investing in renewable energy – Changing our main energy sources to clean and renewable energy is the best way to stop using fossil fuels. These include technologies like solar, wind, wave, tidal and geothermal power.
- Support Local – By purchasing food and other locally produced goods, you stimulate the economy in which you live. Jobs are created or retained; the community gains revenue, families and cultures are supported, and things thrive and grow.
- Plant a tree – Planting more trees helps maintain healthy soils and humidity levels in the world. It begins when trees regulate the water cycle. Trees absorb air and transpire it back into the atmosphere, effectively filtering and controlling the humidity levels wherever they are.
- Grow your own foods – One of the best ways for individuals to help stop climate change is by reducing their meat and dairy consumption or by going fully vegan. Businesses and food retailers can improve farming practices and provide more plant-based products to help people make the shift.
- Switch to sustainable transport – Sustainable transportation refers to low and zero-emission, energy-efficient, affordable modes of transport. Sustainable transportation includes walking, cycling, transit, carpooling, car sharing, and green vehicles.
Future Generation Organization
Future Generation Organization is a Youth Organization and Environmental Conservation Organization under by ASEAN Youth Organization who advocate for climate action. It was created and founded by Nicole P. Ignacio, last November 2021 for the ASEAN Youth Organization Ambassador Program. To empower and engage people worldwide to make a change and address climate change globally. To elaborate sustainability and raise awareness regarding the environment. To make the world a better place for future generations.