The Top 5 Happy Eco News Stories for January 24, 2022
Thanks for reading the Top 5 Happy Eco News!
This week we have two guest posts. The first is by Spencer Yeomans, the creator of Untamed Space who tells us about the 8 benefits of camping. The second post is by blogger Alyssa Moylan from My Aussie Hub who tells us why skip bin is essential for waste management. We also have stories about KFC selling plant-based chicken, supertrees that can reduce emissions in major US cities, how sustainable treatment plants can help our planet, the bug that saved California, and the largest pumped hydro facility in the world.
If you enjoy the Happy Eco News each week and can afford to support our work, please consider becoming a patron.
The Happy Eco News Weekly Top 5
- Starting this year, Kentucky Fried Chicken will now sell plant-based chicken to replace their famous chicken breasts.
- The company worked with Beyond Meat to find ways to mimic the consistency of ground chicken.
- KFC’s parent companies, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell will soon also see plant-based protein on their menus… [read more].
- Supertrees are native trees that can benefit the environment in a particular area especially in urban areas.
- Houston, Texas has the highest amount of pollution and CO2 in the air.
- Planting trees and maintaining groves would be essential to reduce emissions and preserve public healthy…[read more].
- Sustainable water treatment is necessary to help conserve water and to protect humans from water pollutants.
- Some emerging water treatment technologies include nanotechnology for filtration, smart monitoring, and intelligent irrigation.
- Government funding will be necessary to support a sustainable future in water treatment…[read more].
- Since the early 1870s, California has been cultivating seedless novel and sweet Valencia oranges, this all changed when tree pest Icerya found its way into the state and damaged the crops.
- The chief of the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Division of Entomology, Charles Valentine Riley decided to try to find the pests’ natural enemies to act as pest control.
- He managed to find a species of ladybug, now known as Novius cardinalis, that is known for eating large Icerya and it ended up being the world’s most successful experiment in biological control… [read more].
- The State Grid Corporation of China has commissioned the largest pumped-hydro facility in the world.
- Hydro storage provides low-cost, low-emission energy storage in locations across the globe.
- China plans to have 62 gigawatts of pumped-hydro storage by 2025 and 120 gigawatts by 2030…[read more].
If you enjoy Happy Eco News, please share this email with friends and family. You can follow, like our posts, and share us on social media too. It all helps. You can also find us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.